Sunday, November 20

[Singapore Drama Review] Eat Already? 《吃饱没?》


Eat Already? depicts the story of an elderly widow Ah Niu Sao, the problems she faces in her job, and her challenges with her two sons. Fortunately, with help from her neighbours, friends, and several support schemes, Ah Niu Sao and family are able to get back on their feet.



Just finished watching Eat Already? 《吃饱没?》. My mum was the one who recommended this drama. It caught my curiosity more when I learned that Hokkien dialogues was implemented.

Personally, I felt that the story was nicely crafted with a focused story-line. It educated Singaporeans on the different support schemes where they can seek assistance from. At the same time, it reminded me on the importance of kinship/friendship and to cherish them.

Honestly, it was rather refreshing since it was rare to hear local celebrities speaking dialect in such series. I have to affirm that the cast did well in their craft! A few to mention will be: Elvin Ng, Aden Tan & Li Yinzhu.

You may wish to catch the full drama here.

Ratings: 3.5 / 5