Tuesday, May 23

[Korean Drama Review] Tunnel


In 1986, Park Gwang Ho works as an excellent and enthusiastic detective. His life changes when he’s pursuing leads in a serial homicide case and then passes through a time portal, which transports him to present day Seoul. He meets a new partner Kim Sun Jae, an elite detective who happens to be a bit eccentric, but is one highly skilled investigator. The detective duo will also find help in psychology professor, Shin Jae Yi.


Finished watching this Korean Drama - Tunnel. Personally, I felt that the story had a refreshing plot which keep me in good suspense. Though it may appear rather slow-paced, the build up and progression of each scenes are nicely depicted. It was carefully crafted, as though I am watching a movie instead.

Particularly, I enjoyed the progression in each episodes, which led me to ponder and follow them closely. There are also good touching, intense and thrilling moments injected as well. It also educated me to cherish my loved ones and never take them for granted. Though certain occurrence may appear somewhat coincidence and predictable, the story flow was commendable as a whole.

Fantastic acting capabilities from Choi Jin-hyuk! If you enjoy such drama as much as I do, I would recommend you to catch this!

Ratings: 4.5 / 5