Wednesday, November 26


Nam Da-jung is an innocent college student who is sent a mysterious note inviting her to join the reality show Liar Game, a psychological survival game wherein participants trick each other and the one who ultimately succeeds wins the prize money of ₩10 billion (US$9.3 million). Tempted with the chance to pay off her debts, Da-jung joins the game and gets conned out of the initial money given to her. In desperation, she asks genius ex-con swindler and former psychology professor Ha Woo-jin to help her win the game.



Liar Game (Korean Drama) is a remake of a Japanese drama of the same name. Previously, I have watched the Japanese version of season 1 & 2. Not to forget, the movie sequel - the final stage & reborn. Honestly, I like the show pretty much for its suspense and smart plot! Thus, I decided to catch Liar Game (Korean Drama) to make a comparison between the both.

Personally, I felt that this drama was pretty awesome! The plot was well-crafted and classic on its own. Though the initial episode lack substance; the climax was built up in further episode on its suspense, that make the story appealing. The hidden truth will make known towards the end to enlighten the viewers.

I do agree that the games were somewhat similar to the Japan version but it was as amazing. If you ask me which round of the game I adore most, it will be Russian Roulette and The President Game. I felt that both revised version of games kept me in great suspense. While watching, I got to be more involved in it as well. 

The finale was decent though it could have been better as certain scenes appear to be rather predictable. Most likely, there will be a sequel! Am looking forward to it! 

Ratings: 3.85/5