Thursday, September 5

Since it started in 2011, the ULTIMATE RAMEN CHAMPION competition has established itself to be a favorite amongst lovers of Japanese cuisine. Over 13 brands have participated and the spirit of competition has brought about the desire to produce high-quality and good-tasting ramen to the delight of ramen lovers everywhere.

Currently the largest ramen operation in Singapore, it has served over a million satisfied customers from its 2 outlets in Changi Airport and Bugis+. Despite its success, Ramen Champion still continues to strive to provide for the best in order to satisfy the cravings of its customers.


Was invited to Ultimate Ramen Champion for a food tasting session! The restaurant has a nice ambiance with warm lighting. It is a good place to chill with friends and loved ones

There are quite a number of stalls there! So.. you can simply purchase it using the card given when you enter in the restaurant. 

Here are the list of stalls that I tried during the food tasting:



The one I tasted was Ajitama Ramen. I think this bowl of ramen look pretty appetizing when served. It comes with a slightly bigger bowl with cabbage and bean sprouts which is a rather refreshing concept. The broth is thick and rich in flavour. The noodles are thick and pretty chewy! If you are a vegetable fan, you will love this dish even more!


  

The one I tasted was Nikumashi Ramen (Pork) & Beef Nikumashi Ramen (New)The Tonkotsu broth here is light and tasted slightly sweet. I thought it gave a surprise to my taste bud because I like it pretty much. The well-marinated pork belly was slice thinly and tasted tender! The egg was perfectly poached and was a great combination with the ramen. As compared, I think the Pork tasted better! 


The one I tasted was Special Ramen & Tsukemen (dipping noodles- New). The broth is light and with a strong spring onions flavor which I thought was rather salty for me. I like the well-marinated Cha Shu because it was flavorful and tender! One of the better ones I have eaten! 


Tsukemen tasted good with the dipping it the noodles in the broth. Do not try the soup just by itself because you will be overwhelm with the taste. Dip it with noodles and it tasted yummy! Nice hanjuku eggs there as well!

  
This Deep-fried Tofu with Japanese Sauce pretty tasted good! Soft on the inside, Crispy on the outside! It is best to eat it once it was served!!   


And yup, tried this new beverage from Heaven and Earth! I think it tasted pretty good! You can really taste the freshness of the tea!


Lastly, here's a group photo with Bario Chef!

Great to see Damien there! Great to mingle and make new friends! Grateful for this opportunity to attend this food tasting session. Thank you Malcolm for the host and invitation! (;