Wednesday, February 10

Long Long Time Ago 我们的故事 Movie Review


LONG LONG TIME AGO tells a story from 1965 to early 1970s, following the protagonist of the story, Zhao Di (plays by Aileen Tan), and her family as they journey through the years from Kampong to HDB, which parallels with Singapore’s early growth as a nation. With Zhao Di’s indomitable spirit, and with the help of her family, they went through adversities, witnessed the changes through the years, and accompanied every step of the nation’s growth in its early years.




Watched Long Long Time Ago 我们的故事 with my mum.

Personally, I feel that the story is rather classic on its own. Initially, the plot may appear rather dull without much to anticipate. However, it got better with its story build up that is commendable. The flow is good though certain areas could have been further developed.

Basically, a film about the history of Singapore. A journey back to the past which educated me about kampong life and its culture, one that I never experience before. It is also interesting to see a drastic comparison from the past to the present. Kudos to Aileen Tan, Mark Lee and Suhaimi acting capabilities. I think they did rather well in their craft!  

Honestly, I am looking forward to the sequel of this film because it seems more promising to me. It will be out in March! Most likely, I will be catching it.

Ratings: 3.1/5